COVID-19 secure measures for visiting The Optical Shop
As many of you know, we reopened our practice for routine eyecare on the 1st of July. We have put in place new rules and guidelines to ensure we can all stay safe, as detailed below.
To effectively comply with social distancing guidelines and protect both patients and staff from the risk of COVID-19, we will only permit a limited number of people to enter the practice at any one time.
Planning your visit
- We will be seeing patients on an appointment only basis. Please call us first to book a time slot. Walk-ins will be limited to control the number of people in the practice at any one time.
- Before your appointment, one of our opticians will contact you for a pre-assessment. If you are currently experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, we will be unable to see you and will ask you to reschedule your appointment after your symptoms have gone.
- It is essential for us to carry out stringent sanitisation and social distancing measures while you are inside the practice, so please allow extra time for your appointment.
- Please arrive on time for your appointment. Any delay will have a knock-on effect on the remaining patient appointments scheduled for that day.
- We kindly request that you don’t bring children, other family members or friends if they are not being seen by us unless absolutely necessary.
- Please remember to bring your own pen to sign any forms.
- Please wear a face mask when visiting us. You will be provided with a new one if needed.
- We ask that you use the provided hand sanitiser on your arrival. You will also be advised to use this during your appointment if deemed necessary.
- Our opticians will follow suit, sanitising their hands before and after every appointment, and they will additionally disinfect any equipment that has been used and any surfaces that have been touched by patients in the testing room.
- If there is a short wait to be seen once you arrive, please sit in the designated waiting area where we have spaced out chairs at a safe distance.
- If you wear glasses, we will sanitise them before checking them over when you arrive.
- Protective shields will be in place around the practice to reduce the risk of transmitting infection.
- Common surfaces, such as door handles and chairs will be regularly disinfected by staff throughout the day.
- All staff will be wearing face masks, including the optician who will carry out your eye examination. The optician will also be wearing additional PPE and will keep these on at all times during your appointment.
- You will see that we now have a protective cough shield that will act as a barrier between you and your optometrist whilst your eyes are being tested.
- We can still carry out telephone assessments for anyone who is unable to come and see us for an appointment.
- Our staff will be disinfecting all frames in practice as and when necessary.
- Any frames you select to try on will be disinfected first. After you have tried them on, they will be disinfected again.
- Once you have selected and purchased your frames, we will contact you to let you know when your glasses are ready. You can then book in a time to collect them in practice or arrange for delivery to your doorstep.
- Please be aware that the turnaround time for making up new prescription glasses may be longer than usual.
Thank you for your understanding,
The Optical Shop Team.